According to information relayed on social networks, demonstrations will take place 12 November across the country to protest against the impeachment of former President Martin Vizcarra and the investiture of the new President Manuel Merino (see our previous alerts).
Protesters will gather according to the following modalities (local times):
- Lima: Plaza San Martín from 17:00;
- Arequipa: Plaza España from 17:00;
- Ayacucho: Plaza Mayor from 17:00;
- Cajamarca: Plaza De Armas from 19:00;
- Chincha: Plaza De Armas from 17:00;
- Iquitos: Plaza 28 De Julio from 17:00.
Gatherings are likely to take place in other cities across the country.
We remind you that clashes took place 10 November in Lima after the investiture of the President of Parliament Manuel Merino as President of the Republic.
It is advisable to keep well away from all gatherings and mob movements. Unrest is possible in the event of police intervention. The risk of ongoing tension and mobilisations should not be ruled out.